Other Volunteer Roles
Maybe tutoring isn't your thing. Check out our other opportunities below and contact us to join the team!
We are looking for a dedicated Grant Writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to the mission you are representing.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
Grant Writer Requirements:
- 2+ years grant writing experience.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Office Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains office operations by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence and copying information.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains office schedule by picking up and delivering items as needed (mailbox, ordered supplies, etc.).
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Office Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Basic office skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office software skills
- Telephone skills
- Typing and word processing skills
- Dependability and professionalism
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Driver’s license